Master the structure and strategy to winning policy debates with the trusted Blue Book.
Learning policy debate is made simple, successful and fun with Blue Book and its related materials. Policy debaters have relied on Blue Book since 1998, a true staple for their preparation. Co-authored by Chris Jeub and Vance Trefethen, the sourcebook teaches readers the structural demands of policy debate, provides summer releases for league-specific preparation, and gives strategic substance to excel in the round to win ballots.
Debaters trust Blue Book to get the tools necessary for successful policy debating.
What Comes With Blue Book
- A physical copy of Blue Book.
- Twelve lessons in four units to walk you through the essential instruction in policy debate.
- Worksheets customized to each lesson to help measure retention.
- Activities for each lesson to be done as you study the lessons.
- Each release comes with ready-to-run topical case, affirmative extension, and negative brief.
- All tags and evidence are triple-checked and hyperlinked, ensuring top standards for evidence integrity.
- Digital access to the Summer Releases, resolutional analysis and spotlight cases/briefs written specifically for the current year’s resolutions.
- Physical Blue Books purchased through this site come with a 100% money-back guarantee.
Table of Contents:
- What Is Policy Debate?
- Units and Lesson Plans
- Scope and Sequence
- Adapting the Schedule
- Your Digital Addenda
- What’s Legal, What’s Not
- Important Changes to This Edition
- Unit I: Structure of Policy Debate
- Lesson 1: Basic Preparation for Policy Debate
- Lesson 2: Speaker Responsibilities
- Lesson 3: Flowing
- Unit II: Strategy of Debate Cases
- Lesson 4: Elements of an Affirmative Case
- Lesson 5: Stock Issues and Other Elements of Debate
- Lesson 6: Research
- Unit III: Model Resolutions
- Lesson 7: Domestic Surveillance
- Lesson 8: Federal Court Reform
- Lesson 9: Trade with China
- Unit IV: League-Specific Resolutions
- Lesson 10: Your Policy Debate League
- Lesson 11: Understand the Status Quo
- Lesson 12: Spotlight Cases
- Blue Membership
- Answer Keys
Teachers Editions are available, too, providing more resources specifically designs for classroom/club environments.