Source Material for Lincoln-Douglas Debaters
Learning Lincoln-Douglas debate is made simple, successful and fun with Red Book and its related materials. LD debaters have relied on Red Book since 2000, a true staple for their preparation. Authored by Chris Jeub, the sourcebook teaches readers the structural demands of Lincoln-Douglas debate, provides summer releases for league-specific preparation, and gives strategic substance to excel in the round to win ballots.
Debaters trust Red Book to get the tools necessary for successful Lincoln-Douglas debating.
What comes with your Red Book
- Twelve lessons in four units to walk you through the essential instruction in Lincoln-Douglas debate.
- Worksheets customized to each lesson to help measure retention.
- Each release comes with ready-to-run affirmative and negative cases.
- Activities for each lesson to be shared with your club or classroom.
- Digital access to the Summer Releases, resolutional analysis and spotlight cases written specifically for the current year’s resolutions. A $29 value! (see below)
- Each comes with ready-to-run cases and opposition summary.
- Physical Red Books purchased through this site come with a 100% money-back guarantee.
Table of Contents
- What Is Lincoln-Douglas Debate?
- Units and Lesson Plans
- Scope and Sequence
- Adapting the Schedule
- Your Digital Addenda
- What’s Legal, What’s Not
- Important Changes to This Edition
- Unit I: Structure of Lincoln-Douglas Debate
- Lesson 1: Basic Preparation for Lincoln-Douglas Debate
- Lesson 2: Speaker Responsibilities
- Lesson 3: Flowing
- Unit II: Strategy of Debate Cases
- Lesson 4: Your Value Proposition
- Lesson 5: Contentions
- Lesson 6: The Rebuttals
- Unit III: Model Resolutions
- Lesson 7: Civil Disobedience
- Lesson 8: Privacy vs. Security
- Lesson 9: Liberal Arts vs. Practical Skills
- Unit IV: League-Specific Resolutions
- Lesson 10: Your Lincoln-Douglas Debate League
- Lesson 11: Preparing for Tournaments
- Lesson 12: New Spotlight Cases
- Red Membership
- Answer Keys
Teachers Editions are available, too, providing more resources specifically designs for classroom/club environments.