James O’Keefe amazes me. This is what he does for a living: He walks into hotbeds of corruption and posts what he finds on YouTube. It is shocking what he unveils, a most shocking one released last night.
Forgive me for appearing political (I’m really not, and I’ll make that point in a minute) but I can’t help but notice how incredibly incompetent Obamacare is, now arguably corrupt. It usually takes some time for a government program to get this bad. Obamacare has barely started, and a 29-year-old is able to easily capture incredible corruption on camera.
This latest video will stream through the media today. Defenders of Obamacare will attack James for playing dirty. REAL IMPORTANT NOTE HERE: There is absolutely nothing immoral, illegal or impugning about what James does. He acts no different than 20/20 or 60 Minutes (or how they used to act). What he captures on camera is immoral, illegal and impugning.
O’Keefe is not the bad guy. He’s the messenger. Whether or not you had high hopes for government healthcare is beside the point. Obamacare navigators did three inexcusable things in the video:
- Counseled the investigating journalist to commit tax fraud.
- Counseled the investigating journalist to lie on his Obamacare application.
- Counseled the investigating journalist to support a political action committee whose intent is to strengthen the Republican party and make sure Texas remaines a red state.
Oh wait, I got #3 wrong. It was the opposite: the intent of the PAC is to serve the DNC and “turn Texas into a blue state.” I want to drive home the point that this is really NOT political: left or right, this is outrageous. You should be just as outraged if it was any PAC connected to Obamacare implementation.
Enjoy the video. Try not to get depressed as you realize how utterly corrupt government’s handling is of 1/6 of the American economy. Sigh.
About James O’Keefe
Perhaps you don’t know James. He’s a 29-year-old undercover journalist, president of a nonprofit organization called Project Veritas. The mission of James and his organization is “to investigate and expose corruption, dishonesty, self-dealing, waste, fraud, and other misconduct in both public and private institutions in order to achieve a more ethical and transparent society.” He does this through his YouTube channel.
You may recall hearing about some of O’Keefe’s work. In the beginning, he teamed up with Lila Rose and busted Planned Parenthood for abiding statutory rape (Lila, an alumni of speech and debate, has since gone on to expose numerous lies in the abortion industry through her organization). James was single-handedly responsible for taking down ACORN for exposing its ties to human trafficking and prostitution. During the 2012 election, one of his journalists was handed Eric Holder’s ballot — a huge political irony, being that Eric Holder insists that voter fraud in America is nearly impossible.
All of these stings — and more — have led to healthy policy changes. His videos have been used in congressional and state hearings (here’s a cross-examination of the director of the FBI in Congress). When you consider the impact O’Keefe has had with little more than a lapel camera and a YouTube channel, his work is breathtaking. Who else can claim to single-handedly impact the world and successfully “achieve a more ethical and transparent society.”
James is about as healthy of an action agent as I can imagine. He deserves a Pulitzer. Which gives me some hope.
Two Pieces of Good News
If you want to really get depressed, read Wall Street Journal writer John Fund’s response to O’Keefe’s video. I’m trying to remain upbeat. Two thoughts:
- You don’t need to go with Obamacare. For me and my family, we always knew Obamacare would be incompetent. Show me one government program that is better than the private sector, and I may be persuaded to consider it. (Just one: it’s a more difficult brain game than you think.) My family has been a member of Samaritan Ministries since 2004, one of the exemptions to Obamacare, and we’re sticking with it. See here for more information.
- You can meet O’Keefe at the For Action Conference. James O’Keefe is our keynote speaker at a conference I’m running at Focus on the Family, January 2-4 in Colorado Springs. We have several speakers at the conference, but James is the main man. I have an interview with him in a couple weeks and I’ll post it online. I’ll be sure to talk about this latest sting, and I can’t wait to meet him in person (perhaps with you!) in January. See here for information:
January 2-4, 2014
Focus on the Family, Colorado Springs