If there is a justified reason Western civilization is failing it is because people aren’t taught the simple (yet complex) idea presented in this movie. Gather the children and watch and discuss. Here are some questions:
- Are you able to make a pencil on your own? Is anyone? (No.)
- How many pieces are there to a pencil? (4)
- How many people are required to make pencils simple and inexpensive? (Millions.)
- Is the construction of pencils mandated or voluntary? (Voluntary.)
- What is required to keep useful tools like pencils available and inexpensive? (Freedom.)
It’s that last question and answer that gets people upset. Freedom – not control – is required to make the world economy work. When it is taken away – mandates from above, regulations, limitations, power handed over to centralized governments – the availability goes down and the expense goes up.
Every time. It’s not complicated. Your understanding of how the world works makes much more sense when you understand the construction of a pencil.
Share this post using the links below.