I usually sit on news like this till registration opens, but I just can’t wait to broadcast this from the hilltop: Michael Hyatt will join me and the rest of Training Minds Camp at Point Loma Nazarene University as our Keynote Speaker. Let me share with you why I think he is the absolute best keynote we could have asked for.
Understand, I’m the president a 501c3 called Training Minds, an educational nonprofit that trains speakers and debaters for competition. We’re quite good as what we do. Every summer we pull together a hundred or so speakers and debaters and teach them how to excel in academic competition. The results show, year after year, that the top award winners are alumni of our camps. (Check out our success page here.)
I believe our camp is so good because we teach the students to compete beyond the trophy. We’ve always preached a higher purpose to the training, a means to a greater end. In fact, the organization’s name comes from a Bible verse that reads, “Train the mind for action” (1 Peter 1:13). This is powerful stuff we’re teaching the kids, and it is meant for much more than competition. It’s meant for life!
We want students to dream big and beyond the initial goals of the year. Sure, we want them to win the tournaments, win nationals, win all they can, but they’ll be much more successful if they have purpose and passion in their speaking and debating. And it’ll launch them into their future!
Michael Hyatt Fits
The keynote speaker Michael Hyatt is perfect for this message. He will be speaking directly to the students with two profound messages: building a platform and developing a life plan. This is riveting stuff, the kind of message that young people need to hear in their budding age. Coaches, too, will be inspired to bring their competitors to heights they may not have thought possible.
Michael Hyatt is author of the New York Times bestseller Platform…Get Noticed in a Noisy World. Over 300,000 people subscribe to his daily blog posts and he is one of the most sought-after public speakers in the world today. Check out his blog here; I read it nearly every time he posts, and I am rarely unsatisfied.
Michael Hyatt gives speeches around the world to corporate audiences and industry leaders. Quite honestly, we are incredibly privileged to have him come to our camp and speak into the lives of these young people.
What Others Say About Michael Hyatt
Maybe you haven’t heard of Michael Hyatt, or you don’t really believe little-old-me. Okay, but here are some pretty important people who think very highly of Michael Hyatt…
- “Trust me, this guy knows what he’s talking about—so pay attention!” —Dave Ramsey, The Dave Ramsey Show
- “He hits home-runs.” —Ken Davis, Comedian and 2011 Training Minds Keynote
- “Michael Hyatt has built a platform, and you can too.” —Seth Godin, New York Times Best-selling Author
- “…the kind of speech audiences hope for, but rarely get.” —Ted Dekker, Best-selling Author
- “Michael Hyatt offers step-by-step guidance on how to build a platform from the ground up.” —Andy Andrews, New York Times Best-selling Author
- “Michael Hyatt is a pioneer…” —Dan T. Cathy, President & COO of Chick-fil-A
- “Michael Hyatt is a master of clear communication with major take-away.” —Craig Groeschel, Senior Pastor of LiveChurch.tv
- “Michael Hyatt is masterful.” —Patsy Clairmount, Author of Stained Glass Hearts
- “Michael Hyatt doesn’t just give us a pile of wood, a bag of concrete, some nails and tell us to start building. He gives us a set of plans…” —Bob Goff, Author of Love Does
- “Mike Hyatt is a platform Guru who created an international following that went from nothing to WOW in record time.” —Steve Arterburn, Best-selling Author
I’m honored to have Michael Hyatt at Training Minds Camp. If you aspire to be a champion speaker and debater, maybe you’ll join us. Check out the registration page.