A speech “event” is the type of speech at a competition. There are so many different events across leagues that it is difficult to keep track of the opportunities that you have. That’s what this book is for, to bring order to the confusion and make it “easy” to figure out what event is best for you. By the end of this chapter, you should have a strong understanding of the various speech events available for tournament season.
- I’m writer and teacher Chris Jeub. Welcome to Episode 4: Easy Entry to the World of Speech and Debate Part 3 (Speech).
- The book is now available in hard copy! Watch my release video releasing later this week. It speaks to my online membership and gives them an offer for a FREE book (limited to first 100 takers).
- Announcement: Monument Members is not slowing down! We were rolling along quickly before coronavirus, but now it seems like we’re running even faster. I have new features coming that are quite exciting. Look at it this way: I’m doubling down on what I can offer the speech and debate community. I’m not letting this virus win!
- Announcements in the Speech and Debate Community:
- NSDA Nationals will be ONLINE, and I’m bringing my middle schoolers
- NSDA rules are posting this week, so I may have a path for homeschool speakers to join my local club (at least in speech) to participate in the NSDA tournament. So, if you’re a homeschooler, I’ll be posting very soon a pathway to going to a national tournament!
- The ChrisJeub.com Website
Project: Easy Entry to the World of Speech and Debate
- Perfect Customer: The individual who wants to be involved in speech and debate, but has no idea where to begin.
- I guide this customer through the important (but often confusing) details of speech and debate competition. The Table of Contents highlights these details:
- Last week I read to you the first two chapters: Schools and Leagues.
- Today I will be reading the next chapter that identifies the various speech events.
- It is important to know that my book does not delve deeply into the myriad of events that are offered by all the league choices out there. Why? Because they change from year to year, and sometimes leagues change mid-season. So, I break all the events down to three main categories, and you will find most events available to you fall within these three categories.
- I will be taking these readings and convert them into an audiobook. For the time being, this is available to the public for free. Soon they will only be available for purchase online or as a ChrisJeub.com Patron.
- Podcast 002: Easy Entry to the World of Speech and Debate (Part 1: Introduction)
- Podcast 003: Easy Entry (Part 2: Schooling and Leagues)
- Podcast 004: Easy Entry (Part 3: Speech)
- Podcast 005: Easy Entry (Part 4: Debate)
- Podcast 006: Easy Entry (Part 5: Tournaments and Conclusion)
- Easy Entry is available:
- Next week: I will be reading Chapter 4 from the book next week, “Debate.” It covers the four categories of the myriad of debate events available to competitors.
- Support this podcast and my projects by becoming a Patron of ChrisJeub.com/patron. There are valuable benefits and features that come with being a Patron!