Thirty years ago Wendy and I married. We grew a family of 18 and built an adventurous life together, a life fit for television and several books that helped other families put more “love in the house.” Life was nearly perfect. This sets the stage for our most devastating social smear that nearly brought us to ruin.
This is the first of fourteen episodes correlating with the chapters of Facing Hate: Overcoming Social Smearing, Recovering Relationships, and Rebuilding Your Reputation.
- Facing Hate is set to release by the end of 2020, date yet to be determined.
- A personal memoir into the world of social smearing.
- Subtitle: “Overcoming Social Smearing, Recovering Relationships, and Rebuilding Your Reputation”
- I have quite the story to tell. Six years ago my family and I started down a journey through social smearing, and the story is one you may not know. Or maybe you don’t know what “social smearing” is, or haven’t recognized it as such.
- “Social smearing” is the use of electronic media to tear down and destroy (or at least attempt to destroy) an individual or business.
- My business: Academic speakers and debaters. Also a teacher and father of 16 children. I explain much of my story in today’s reading of Chapter 1.
- Let’s listen! But know…
- This is a mammoth work. I have literally been writing this for six year since the initial online smear (which you’ll soon learn about).
- This is perhaps my most vulnerable work of my life. I’ll likely open my life to even more hate and smearing.
- This is my family’s story that involves more than just me. Half of my children are adults who have reputations to keep.
- In fact, I read the entire book to my children over Sunday breakfasts over the course of several weeks. That’s what you’ll be listening to!
Chapter 2: Our Smear will release next. Synopsis: We were posting fun photos of our big happy family one day, fighting accusations of felony-level abuse the next.