I run large events, too, so I know how difficult but crucially important it is to find just the right speaker. I promise to put my full attention on your event’s goals in order to custom-make a speaking experience that will bring the return you desire. Contact me if you would like me to speak at your event.
How I Prepare to Speak
I will connect with you or an administrator for your event to get a clear understanding of your event’s main goal. I then will develop a central theme of my speech and prepare an objective statement that both you and I agree upon. I then will get to work customizing the speech or speeches for your event that will teach and/or inspire your audience.
My speaking expertise stems primarily from my years of coaching speech and debate. Also noteworthy is my study of Ken Davis’ S.C.O.R.R.E. Method, a method that I have been extensively trained. I have also worked with noted speech and business coaches including Michele Cushatt, Michael Hyatt, Jeff Myers, Andrew Pudewa, Stu McLaren, Jeff Walker, and more.
The Background from Which I Draw
The content of my speeches draw from my experiences. My “claim to fame” (if you can call it that) is that I am a father of 16 children, featured in 2007 on TLC and elsewhere following. I am a teacher of 7th grade English for our local charter school, but I also run events and host online memberships for junior high and high school speakers and debaters. I have an MBA and own businesses, so entrepreneurism is a natural passion of mine. I’m a hunter, a professional editor, a Christian, a “glamping” enthusiast, and a home brewer…always learning and growing from all my interests. My 13th grandchild is on his/her way, and many more will likely be announced soon, never a boring moment in my life. So naturally, I have plenty to share with you and your audience.
Some of my more polished topics include:
- Social Smearing (my latest work). My most recent writing project involves my family’s rocky trial through a smear campaign that nearly ruined us. I have much to share to young and old alike about the pitfalls of today’s social media world. Facing Hate is the book that explains all.
- Teaching IEW. I have been teaching 7th grade English for the last few years and have come to appreciate the Institute for Excellence in Writing. I’m an evangelist for the structure and style methodology for teaching writing, and I have custom lessons to share with other teachers.
- Speech & Debate. I’m a forensics coach, a most successful one who has produced national champions in my 20+ years of experience. I coordinate the publication of source material distributed through Monument Publishing and its coinciding member site Monument Members. I also run a yearly debate camp in Monument, Colorado.
- Co-speaking with Wendy. Wendy and I have been married for 30 years and have 16 children. We believe greatly in the value of family life. We speak on the themes of our books Love in the House and Love Another Child.
- Millennials. I ran a conference called the For Action Conference where millennials gathered for three days of practical encouragement to guiding them to do that which they love. Invite me in to speak to your group of young adults to inspire them to take on the brave challenges of the 21st century.
- Business. I’ve been “taking care of business” – my own business – since 2004. Though I attained an MBA from Regis University in 2005, I consider myself a “solopreneur,” an entrepreneur who hires no employees, but operates a money-making business as if he has hundreds. I love to help others to do the same.
- Introduction to Debate Camp:
- Setting Competitors Free:
- Invitation to the National Invitational Tournament of Champions:
Would you like me to speak?
For public speaking, I require an honorarium, travel expenses, and vendor rights at your event. It’s difficult to give a definitive cost until we get to know your exact needs, but here is an outline on costs you can expect.
- Honorarium. There will be a general cost for speaking. The length of speaking time, the duration of stay, and the timing of the event will all play into the amount required.
- Offering. For nonprofit or charitable groups, an offering may be requested. Depending on the nature of the event, this may substitute for an honorarium.
- Travel. As needed, hotel, flights, mileage, and car rental will either be billed to the host or an agreed amount will be determined ahead of time.
Contact me if you would like to inquire for a speaking engagement.