The syllogism can be proven or disproven as “valid.” Asking for validity is an excellent question when facing arguments. But today’s second question cuts even deeper.
In this week’s lesson, you will learn…
- A review of last week’s logical assumptions.
- Review of the definition of logic.
- Understanding the major, minor premises and the conclusion.
- Reminder of the first question: “Are the premises VALID?”
- The introduction of the 2nd question to ask of every syllogism.
- Recent news from CNN that needed to be retracted because of the faultiness of the syllogism.
- Recognition of agenda-driven and truth-seeking persuaders (and which to aspire toward).