Semester 2 Classes
Semester 2 begins Tuesday, February 13. Lessons will display here throughout the semester, granting access to everyone registered.
- TMU #13: Crash Course Through Semester 1 (2/13/2018) - Today's lesson is a crash course through Semester 1 on "Think." This is great review for those who took the first semester, as well as a way for new students to catch up.
Semester 1 Classes
The following are for students who registered for Semester 1 “THINK” classes. These archives are available for those students only, but summaries are available for all.
- TMU #12: Looking Ahead to Semester 2 (1/30/2018) - This upcoming semester will dig deeply into communication strategies that master persuaders employ, adding current events to prove my points.
- TMU #11: Changing Reality (1/25/2018) - A master persuader is able to change perspectives of reality, but there is a dark side that must be resisted. But if mastered correctly, you can be an incredibly effective influencer.
- TMU #10: Cognitive Dissonance (1/9/2018) - In Plato's Cave, we see slaves who view shadows on a wall and believe they are seeing reality. They respond violently when they are challenged with the truth. Today's lesson explores this story and how it relates to persuasion.
- TMU #9: Plato’s Cave (1/2/2018) - In Plato's Cave, we see slaves who view shadows on a wall and believe they are seeing reality. They respond violently when they are challenged with the truth. Today's lesson explores this story and how it relates to persuasion.
- TMU #8: TMU Webinar (12/23/2017) - Our second webinar will not take place in order to celebrate the Christmas holiday. Let me instead take the time to review December’s unit on “Logic.” In review… Video 5: The Logical Syllogism The antiquity of logical thinking. How logic makes you internally stronger. Why logic is seldom persuasive alone. A quick review of the […]
- TMU #7: Logical Fallacies (12/19/2017) - Logical fallacies often sound like good arguments, but they are fallacious and untrue. By the end of today's lesson, you'll be able to recognize logical fallacies everywhere.
- TMU #6: The Second Question (12/12/2017) - Asking for validity is an excellent question when facing arguments. But today's second question cuts even deeper.
- TMU #5: The Logical Syllogism (12/5/2017) - There is no basic understanding more necessary in understanding logic than the "logical syllogism."
- TMU #4: TMU Webinar (11/28/2017) - Our first webinar took place 11/28/17. Technical difficulties kept video from displaying properly, but the audio was all captured. We reviewed the month’s lessons plus discussed applications. In review… Video 1: Flowing Method Debater’s motto: “Flow every time; that, my friends, is the bottom line.” Controversy in the debate world: Some think that the ballot […]
- TMU #3: Tactical Empathy (11/21/2017) - Taking our persuasive strategies one step further, today's technique will solve your opponent's problem on an emotional level, perhaps to the point of "breaking" into a confession or significant concession.
- TMU #2: Reversing the Burden (11/14/2017) - When opponents are somewhat stubborn in their unreasonable position, master persuaders will "reverse the burden" on them to give them the impression that they are in control.
- TMU #1: The Flowing Method (11/7/2017) - Just as debaters are taught to flow EXACTLY what is presented in the debate round, master persuaders consider EXACTLY what their opponents are saying before responding.
- Facebook Persuade Page
- Chris Jeub Blog Posts
- Training Minds Podcast
- Contact me directly (available for registered students only)
“Persuade” Course Archive
The “Persuade” course is considered my “flagship” course for persuasion. Our semester modules will follow a similar pattern. Month 1 will be “thinking” strategies, Month 2 will be “speaking” strategies, and Month 3 will be “persuasion” strategies. Ultimately, all of the modules I teach will help “transform” your life to help make you more successful and persuasive.