We’ve learned so far that there is a sharp contrast between reality and truth. A master persuader is able to change perspectives of reality, but there is a dark side that must be resisted. But if mastered correctly, you can be an incredibly effective influencer.
In this week’s lesson, you will learn…
- Review of our entire semester, particular Unit III on “Reality.”
- Overview of The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale.
- Explanation of the classic Storyline (Conflict, Climax, Resolution) and how it relates to persuasion.
- The “dark side” of this idea, referencing Rachel Dolezel’s attempt to change her race.
- My personal story of how my “thinking” and “story” changed in high school.
- The importance in telling yourself a story where you are the hero.
- How to tell stories of others that are positive and, if done with the right perspective, can change others’ thoughts.