Taking our persuasive strategies one step further, today’s technique will solve your opponent’s problem on an emotional level, perhaps to the point of “breaking” into a confession or significant concession.
In this week’s lesson, you will learn…
- A quick review of the strategies learned so far.
- An example situation where “mirroring” will persuade your boss.
- An example situation where “reversing the burden” will persuade your boss even futher.
- A final example situation that implements “tactical empathy,” a higher-level persuasive technique that “breaks” your opponent.
- How playing the “devil’s advocate” is an unfortunate term for a healthy exercise of the mind.
Assignment: Use “tactical empathy” during a conversation this week. Were you able to solve the problem your opponent was having?